Contact Allianz for
- Assistance in an emergency
- Letting a medical facility know you are covered
- Arranging direct payment to a medical facility
- Arranging or pre-authorizing treatment at a medical facility
- An emergency evacuation
- Access to the Talent Trust Expat Assistance Program
Contact Talent Trust for
- Signing up
- Help with a claim
- An insurance quote or to pay for a policy
- Providing a medical facility or govenment agency proof of insurance
- Checking your benefits or limits
- Making any changes to your policy
- Anything else
Certificate number TTc-XXX-XX-XXXXX-XX
Finding a Hospital or Doctor
Outside the USA
You are free to seek treatment from any hospital or doctor. Allianz has a network of international facilities that have already agreed to receive a direct pay-
ment from Allianz for your medical treatment.
If you are not seeking treatment at one of these facilities, it is still usually possible for Allianz to arrange a direct payment for you when the cost of treatment
is over US$1,000. If you need to have Allianz make a direct payment for you, please follow the pre-authorization process below.
Inside the USA
Allianz uses the Aetna Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) in the USA. Please use this network unless it is an emergency.
To find a PPO in the USA click here. If you are in the USA, call toll free +1 (877) 499-4809
Definition: Outpatient treatment is treatment received in a doctor’s office and does not require admission to a hospital bed.
Outside the USA
Please settle your bills first and then submit your claim documents (i.e., completed claim form receipts, invoices, copies of any investigation report and phar-
macy prescription (if applicable) to the Allianz Claims Team by scanning and e-mailing your documents to [email protected]. You may also use a smartphone to take a photo of the documents.
Direct billing can be arranged if your outpatient treatment is going to cost more than US$1,000.
Inside the USA
In the USA, as long as you choose a preferred provider and show your membership card, they will arrange direct-settlement for your eligible bills.
Please bring your membership card to your appointment so the service provider can contact Allianz concerning the billing or pre-authorization for out-patient treatment estimated to exceed US$1,000.
Please keep [email protected] informed so we can help you too.
Medical Treatment that Requires Pre-approval
What is Pre-approval?
Certain treatments require you to get pre-approval by requiring you to submit a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-approval) Form in advance. Pre-approval may also be known as pre-authorisation or prior authorisation, by some medical providers.
Following approval, cover for these required treatments or costs can then be guaranteed.
Which Treatments Require Pre-approval?
Pre-approval may be required for some benefits. These are mostly in-patient and high-cost treatments and, depending on your plan, can include the following:
- All in-patient treatments
- Day-care treatment
- Out-patient surgery
- PET and CT-PET scans
- Nursing at home or in a convalescent home
- Routine maternity, complications of pregnancy and childbirth
- Kidney dialysis
- Occupational therapy
- Rehabilitation treatment
- Medical evacuation or repatriation
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Expenses for one person accompanying an evacuated/repatriated person
- Palliative care and long term care
The pre-approval process helps to assess each case, organise everything with the hospital before your arrival and make direct payment of your hospital bill easier, where possible.
How does the Pre-approval Process Work?
1. First, check if your plan covers the treatment you are seeking. Your Table of Benefits will confirm which benefits are available to you. You can access your Table of Benefits via MyHealth Digital Services. Simply login via browser or use the MyHealth app and click on “My Benefits”. Your Table of Benefits will also confirm which treatments require our pre-approval.
2. Download a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-approval) Form (available here). The form must be fully completed by you and your physician.
3. Send the completed form to us for approval at least 5 working days before your planned treatment to [email protected]
4. Allianz will respond within 24 hours of receiving a fully completed form.
5. Allianz then contacts your medical provider directly to arrange settlement of your bills.
When receiving treatment in the US, simply show your membership card to the medical provider and make sure to check if the provider has your most up to date policy details on their file. The provider will contact us to sort any paperwork related to your treatment. Make sure you attend a network provider, where we can pay your medical bills directly.
Do I Need Pre-approval in Emergency Situations?
If you are hospitalised, either you, your doctor, one of your dependants or a colleague needs to call the Allianz 24/7 Helpline within 48 hours of the emergency to inform us of the hospitalisation. Allianz can take Treatment Guarantee Form details over the phone when you call us. However, coverage for emergency medical costs are subject to the terms of your health plan.
What are the Benefits of Pre-approval?
The pre-approval process gives us the opportunity to assess whether a treatment recommended to you is medically necessary, and at a reasonable cost.
- Ensures your planned treatment is covered under your plan. In the case of an evacuation/repatriation, we will organise and co-ordinate this on your behalf – so you can focus on getting better.
- Keeps out-of-pocket expenses in check. In many cases, we’ll be able to settle your bill directly with the provider
Why is Pre-approval Necessary?
It is important that you submit a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-approval) Form where required, prior to treatment, as we reserve the right to decline a claim or apply a penalty if this process is not followed.
It’s always a good idea to double check your benefits before receiving any non-emergency medical care, to ensure that you know your plan’s pre-approval requirements. If you are in doubt, contact us in advance of obtaining your treatment.
How to Submit Claims Forms
Please settle your bills first and then submit your completed claims form, receipts, invoices, copies of any investigation report and pharmacy prescription (if applicable) to Talent Trust by emailing to [email protected]. You may also use a smartphone to take a photo of the documents.
It is rarely necessary for you to submit your original documents by post, but it is recommended that you keep them until your claim is settled. Please comply with the following guidelines when submitting prepaid claims for reimbursement:
1. Attachments must be readable. Our recommended file formats are PDF, JPG or JPEG.
2. Please do not submit claims for more than 1 condition or person in a single email. If you have multiple claims, please put these in separate emails.
3. The maximum size for a single email with attachments should not be larger than 8 MB.
4. To ensure prompt reimbursement of eligible prepaid claims, please ensure that you submit all necessary claim documents for processing.
What Each Form is Used For
|Forms||What They Provide For|
|Medical Claim form||When you have paid for medical treatment and require reimbursement|
|Treatment Guarantee form||To pre-authorize planned treatments|
|Travel Claim form||To make a claim for non-medical, travel related costs|