Welcome to Talent Trust!
Talent Trust is a Christian ministry founded in 1991 and based on the principles in our Lord’s Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30). We believe that medical insurance is vital for a missionary to be a good steward as they go about their ministry.
We’re not a broker nor an insurance company. We’re a unique service that brings the benefits of both and more.
With 30 years of insight into the needs of over 60,000 missionaries in 180 countries, we know what works and what is needed, and we have the experience to deliver it.
Our ministry serves alongside our members – all of whom are missionaries and church workers – to fulfill the Great Commission. Because of this, we feel called to provide an exceptionally high level of service to our members.
We are also motivated because, in the past, we’ve had bad experiences with insurance companies. When a previous insurance company was providing inadequate service many years ago, we felt responsible for our thousands of members.
For a while, we felt powerless to help.
Ultimately, our response was to develop our own team with a deep understanding of insurance procedures, terms, requirements and the working practices of medical facilities around the world. Previously, our only recourse had been to seek help from a call center in the Philippines or from an insurance broker, but, with our own specialist expertise, we are now able to confidently and independently help our members with their claims.
Our team has a passion to serve and take ownership of situations, lifting the burden from our members during difficult times. The average tenure of our team is more than eight years, and this experience enables us to provide consistently high service, as well as deepen relationships with our members. We’re also keen to understand the individual needs of agencies and members so that we can identify unique solutions for people’s needs from the many resources that we have available to us. We’re also Aetna’s largest international client, which helps us serve missionaries better.
Key roles that our team fulfill include:
- Ensuring that our members can get treatment quickly and effectively
- Helping our members with their claims
- Processing claims before handing them over to our insurance partner Aetna. We are super good at it – 85% of our claims are processed within 3 working days
- Meeting with our members at conferences and gatherings to build relationships and understand individual needs
- Answering questions quickly and providing accurate information so you can make good decisions
- Praying with and for our members
Our added value
When other insurance companies and brokers have run away from major risky events, we’ve held the line and been there for our members. For instance:
- When others took terrorism cover out after 9/11, we were among the first to put it back in.
- When others removed cover for viral pandemics like COVID19, we not only kept it in, we expanded our cover to ensure that physical, mental and wellness needs were taken care of during the pandemic