Claims Outside The USA
When you need medical treatment we are there to help you and to ensure that you get the care that you need.
Finding a Hospital or Doctor
Outside of the USA, you are free to seek treatment from any hospital or doctor. Aetna has a network of 165,000 international facilities that have already agreed to receive a direct payment from Aetna for your medical treatment.
If you are not seeking treatment at one of these facilities, it is still usually possible for Aetna to arrange a direct payment for you when the cost of treatment is over US$500. If you need to have Aetna make a direct payment for you, please follow the below pre-authorization process.
Medical Treatment that Requires Pre-Authorization
- Planned in-patient or day-patient treatment (hospitalization)
- Any pregnancy or childbirth treatment
- Planned surgery
- Medical, political or natural disaster evacuation
- Psychiatric treatment – in-patient, day-patient or out-patient
- Home nursing charges
- Planned in-patient, day patient or out-patient MRI, CT & PET scans
Europe & Africa
1. Download these forms
a. PCMF (to be completed by your doctor)
i. This form tells Aetna
1. What you need treating for.
2. What your doctor is proposing as treatment.
3. An estimate of the cost.
b. ROMIF (Sign this. This permits Aetna to communicate about you and your condition with your doctor).
2. Email the forms to [email protected]
3. For any urgent needs or questions, call Aetna on +44 870 429 6439